The Mind Palace: A Sherlock RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Mind Palace: A Sherlock RP

A new, active Sherlock Role Play, open to anyone. So what are you waiting for? The game is afoot!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RP #1 now open!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 pm

(Remember you can request a new RP thread in the discussion section!)

RP #1

Summary: (Post-Reichenbach) John Watson finally had some hope-- a weird feeling for sure, but after three years, he was ready to move on with his life. He had met the woman of his dreams and had managed to find happiness with her, and while he'd never forget Sherlock Holmes, he knew it was time to pick himself up. Sebastian Moran, however, was far from getting on with life. There had been only one thing on his mind since Moriarty's death: making Sherlock pay. And oh, he had bided his time in finding out the man was alive and planning just how to get him out of hiding... Now it was time to set the plan into action.
John and Mary are kidnapped by a mad man, thirsting for the revenge, and desperate to get it. The Yard finds them missing, Lestrade gets back into the field to take the case, and Molly and Mycroft get word. It doesn't take long for a very undead detective to find out either.

Characters Available:
John Watson- Wari
Sebastian Moran- (Note: Moran will be very important to this RP. It would be great to have an especially devious one Wink )
Mary Morstan- Admin
Sherlock Holmes- Alythe
Mycroft Holmes-
Greg Lestrade-
Molly Hooper-
Irene Adler-
Mrs. Hudson-
Anderson-
Donovan-
Anthea-

(Listed by importance. Please select accordingly.)

IMPORTANT: Remember, to submit for a character, please just write us one paragraph of a sample post. The format we're going to use on this forum is past-tense, third person, so keep that in mind Wink The mods and I will get back to you ASAP, and once we have the basics, we can start!

Also, we are in need of a Molly and a Greg right now. Anyone? Thanks again!

If you want me to open up another RP thread (any pairing, AU, scenario) just tell me in the discussion section Smile

Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://themindpalacerp.rpg-board.net
Wari

Wari

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:07 pm

John Watson shoved his hands into his pockets, shivering in the chilly air, his breath misting in front of him as he made his way down the cold street towards one of his and Mary's favourite places to go out to eat. He (well, Mary) had invited a few of his friends out to the pub - of which only Molly and Greg had agreed on going- to have an anniversary dinner. Not for Mary and John's anniversary, since they weren't engaged just yet, but for the anniversary of Sherlock's death. John thought that getting a few of his friends together that night might make things a little less painful to deal with. He limped down the street toward the pub, jogging a little as he entered because he was a bit late for the party. Panting, he peered around the room, looking for his girlfriend and friends.

(Okay guys, this was my audition for John Watson, as well as my first post on the RP thread that's gonna go up. Just post your audition paragraphs here like I just did- we'll definitely need a Mary, Sherlock, Greg, and Molly right about now!)
Back to top Go down
http://thechimeraresistance.tumblr.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:23 pm

(Wonderful! Definitely accepted Smile I'll audition for Mary now, and if someone wants her later, we can always change things around.)

Mary sat alone at a booth towards the corner of the pub, her legs crossed, her foot bouncing. It was a rather quiet spot, which was why she had chosen it, and gave her a good view of the rest of the place. It seemed as if everyone was running a little late or perhaps she was a bit early. Either way, it didn't really matter. She suspected no one that she or John had invited truly wanted to come. Of course, they still accepted their invitation, but she could tell from their voices. And who could blame them? It was quite clear that everyone had been shaken by the detective's death, and that was just putting it simply. Especially for John. Oh, John... The woman did worry about her boyfriend. Sherlock Holmes' death had hurt him so badly, and it was almost certain that today would be hard for him. Though she wished she could do more, she knew that she could only really stand by his side and brave the storm with him. That was exactly what she was determined to do.

Ten minutes past the time they agreed to meet, Mary spotted John enter the pub. Even from a distance, she could make out the hurt he was dealing with in his expression, and so she waved him over quickly, giving him a soft smile.

(And note, everyone that you're auditions don't have to form a story at all. Wari and I are just using these to start the RP as well.)
Back to top Go down
JohnLocked

JohnLocked

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 am

(Okay, so this is my "audition" for Sherlock. I spent ages deciding which would be easier: Sherlock or Sebastian. It wasn't easy tying to fit it in and make it make sense so, this is what I came up with...)

Sherlock sat alone in his small, one-bedroom flat. All of the walls intruding on his mind palace - watching him, observing him, interrogating him. He had spent three years running around after Moriarty's henchmen, hunting them down and bringing down the target. Now, there was only one more to get - Sebastian Moran.

Sherlock had chased after many people in his life, and all of them he had caught, but Sebastian Moran was proving to be a challenge. Why was he so difficult to track down?
Back to top Go down
Alythe

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 am

((Okay, let's try this. I usally play Moriarty -who isn't in this story- or Sherlock. To see my Moriarty, you can have a look at what I have published in AO3. It's teenlock, but it will give you an idea. So this is Sherlock. As it's already taken, I'll try Sebastian too.))

Sherlock knew it was an unnecessary risk, that he shouldn't have come. But he did, as he had done every year, to check on John. It was almost over, there was only one man left, but he was the most dangerous of all, so Sherlock had been specially careful.
Hiding in plain sight. It was ridiculous how easy it was. He only had to change slightly his body language, the way he moved and some tiny details of his appearance, and not even his own brother would recognise him.
He sat on a corner, and pretended to read a newspaper. He had learned long ago that nobody would look at him twice while he was doing that.
John was as easy to read as he had been when he had first met him. Like every time he had seen him since he had faked his own dead, he felt an unpleasant emotion filling him. Guilt, he guessed. He didn't understand why he was feeling that; rationally he had taken the best course of action. But emotions weren't rational.

Sebastian had given up in finding Sherlock Holmes. He was too good at hiding. But he was a hunter, and he knew he only needed the right bait. Jim had showed him the way, before dying. John Watson was Sherlock's weakness, and, honestly, the man was predictable. He had been following him for two weeks, studying his habits and routines. He was seldom alone, that girlfriend was constantly with him, but she wouldn't be a problem. In fact, she would ensure Watson's collaboration. Tonight, when they headed home, he'll take them. He had two men waiting for his orders. Now he only had to choose the right moment. He was very good at waiting.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 am

Both of you did very good jobs, and I was happily surprised to wake up and find two submissions to look through. Thank you for taking the time to write these Very Happy Both were in-character and were very enjoyable to read.

It was hard to choose between the two for a Sherlock, but Alythe will play him for this RP. Ellie, I liked yours a lot as well, especially this line:

Quote :
Sherlock sat alone in his small, one-bedroom flat. All of the walls intruding on his mind palace - watching him, observing him, interrogating him.

If you still want to in the next RP thread that opens up, you can most definitely play him. Just remember that it's good to add a bit more insight to what the character is thinking or feeling at the moment. Feel free to "audition" for Sebastian, though Smile

Alythe, I must say I'm very impressed that English is not your native language. You did a great job! If you hadn't posted that in your introduction, I might not have guessed. Your Sebastian was also well-done. Just understand that we're trying to give as many people opportunities as possible.

Thank you, both of you!
Back to top Go down
Wari

Wari

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 am

In addition to what Spark said- Great job! I love both of your writings and I can see how it was a tough decision. We do still need a Molly and/or Greg and a Sebastian, so there's lots of opportunities!!

Alythe, if you want to, you can go ahead and post in the actual RP thread Smile

Back to top Go down
Alythe

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Thank you! Of course, I never intended to play both characters. This is going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Yeah! I'm very excited too. Wari is at classes now, but when she gets back, hopefully we can start!
Back to top Go down
The Quackinator

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 pm

(Here's my Sebastian! I'm usually John, but I'll try! All italics are in his head.)

The wind buffeting through his sparse hair, Sebastian crawled to the ledge of the flat roofed building. He folded his hands, rested his chin on them, and peered over the ledge.
"And now..," he heard the voice of his boss (he was still loyal to Jim, regardless of life/death labels) echo through his mind.
"We wait," he finished out loud, his voice a low grumble, fiddling with the safety of the gun in his pocket without looking.
He watched the useless figures pass by on the pavement below. " Ordinary...boring." Sebastian snorted in agreement. Just as, he spotted a blonde but graying head that would solve all his problems.

(Sorry if it sucks, it just came off the top of my head Smile )
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Very well done, Sophia Smile I really liked how you incorporated Seb's memory of Moriarty into his thoughts, and it made for a very interesting paragraph. Consider Sebastian Moran yours to play ;)and feel free to start in the RP thread whenever you want. Don't be afraid to make him especially evil, hehe. The more horrible, the better!
Back to top Go down
Wari

Wari

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:14 am

Johnlocked, would you like to play any other characters? We still need a few for this RP! Very Happy Good job, Sophia, I loved your paragraph! Can't wait to see how evil Sebby's gonna be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RP #1 now open! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP #1 now open!   RP #1 now open! Empty

Back to top Go down

RP #1 now open!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mind Palace: A Sherlock RP :: Getting all set up :: Character Claim and RP Thread Summaries-
Jump to: